The Pearl-Qatar is one of the largest artificial island in the Middle east which spans around 4 million sqm and is located around 350 metres offshore of the capital city Doha’s West Bay district. It is also the first land which has been made available for freehold ownership any foreign national.
This integrated and sustainable commercial establishment won the 2018-2019 “Best Mixed-use Development” award at the prestigious Arabian Property Awards. It has mixed features including apartments, villas, townhouses, penthouses, diverse entertainment facilities as well as some amazing beaches to relax. Once fully completed, The Pearl will hold over 32 kilometres of coastline and will expect around 45,000 residents. This property has been developed by the United Development Company and has been designed by the firm Callision. The estimated cost of completion of this artificial island took around $2.5 billion.
Districts of ‘The Pearl-Qatar’
The Pearl has been divided into 12 districts and each of those districts have a distinct architectural style. Here they are –
- Abraj Quartier – Referred to as “The Pearl Gateway Towers”, it comprises of commercial spaces and offices and has the tallest towers in The Pearl.
- Beach Villas – It has residential buildings, large seafront villas, and architecture is based on French, Italian and Spanish designs.
- Costa Malaz – It has seaside villas with designs of tropical islands. The center of Costa Malaz holds the the Marsa Malaz Kempinski hotel.
- Floresta Gardens – It is a small community hall shaped in the form of Colosseum of Rome with large clubhouse.
- Giardino Village – It is a gated residential community with houses ranging from 558 to 1168 square meters.
- Isola Dana – It is a chain of islets which are separated from the main chain. They have been planned to host large mansions in future.
- La Plage South – it consists of circular arrangements of high rise apartments
- Media Centrale – It is a retail district which has around 600,000 square feet of retail space. It has 538 Mediterranean style residential units.
- Pelita Gardens – It is known for its green gardens and man-made lakes.
- Porto Arabia – It hosts the primary harbour of The Pearl. You can find a 2.5 km seafront promenade named as ‘La Croisette’ having many townhouses and restaurants.
- Qanat Quartier – It has been modelled after the Italian city of Venice and all its buildings have Venetian architectural elements. Several canals run through the district.
- Viva Bahriya – It has luxury villas which has been inspired by Moroccan architecture.