There was a confusion between the announcements on MADSLA’s website and the GCO statement regarding the notification period. We reached out to the Ministry Of Administrative Development, Labor, Social Affairs and the following the final updates.
To change jobs:
- Workers should inform their employers through the electronic system of the Ministry Of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs.
- Give a 1-month notice period, if the current job is for 2 years or less.
- Give a 2-months notice period, if the current job is for more than two years.
- Workers should give at least 1-month notice through ADLSA’s electronic system.
- The new employer should repay the former employer with an agreed installment that doesn’t exceed the equivalent to the two months of the worker’s basic wage.
- In the below statements on the notice period duration are as per the old updates and are no longer valid.
If you are looking to change your workplace or leaving the country then I wish to inform your employer? You can avail this online service by MADSLA that represents considerable authority to inform the employer of changing workplace by mutual consent and changing the workplace of the fixed-term or indefinite agreements and arbitrary dismissal.
What are the requirements required before availing this e-service?
- Employment contract
- Company’s pamphlet
- Foundation’s Registration
- If there is a perception of arbitration by the company, the employee should require a letter of perceptions of the arbitrary to prove it.
- ID Card number
- Mobile number
What are the terms and conditions?
- The new workplace does not have restrictions that prevent change in the employee’s workplace.
How long is the notification period for?
- The employee must give notice before the expiry of the contract by 30 days, if the employment contract is of fixed-term.
- If the employment contract is indefinite, the employee’s service should not be under 5 years and the notifications should be as per the following:
1. 30 days, if the duration of the service is 5 years.
2. 60 days, if the duration of the service is more than 5 years.
3. Target groups (Private Sector).
The notification period will start counting once the form is submitted online!
- Candidates if you are looking to change jobs can send the details here: http://e-notice.adlsa.gov.qa.
- This site will work from Sunday to Thursday, from 7 AM to 2 PM.
- Attach a copy of the notification form after being signed.
- The notification period starts instantly after the form is submitted on the Ministry’s website.
- Applications and endorsements are subjected to all the conditions stated by the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs.
- A complete guide for changing your job.
- To understand more about NOC no longer required to change job, sponsor in Qatar.
- To know more about the recently published NOC law.