Expats in Qatar need to have a valid Qatar ID, which include the profession they are really working in. But, if the profession written on the Qatar ID isn’t correct, for whatever reason, this may influence you in various ways and may not allow you to obtain certain privileges and services at banks, official institutions, getting a driver’s license, visa on arrival for family and friends, and problems with regards to get a family visa so your family can come to stay with you in Qatar.
The Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs allows you to apply for the amendment of your profession title on your Qatar ID either through a
- Concerned person, or
- Authorized signatories
Archives required for profession change
- No Objection Certificate from employer to change calling.
- Copy of Qatar ID of the authorised signatory.
- Copies of company archives like Company Registration (CR), municipality certificate/permit and computer card.
- Copy of the office electricity bill.
- Three copies of the labour contract with the new profession mentioned (signed by the both parties, and the authorised person).
- Copy of QID and Passport.
- Copy of academic qualifications attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and their certified Arabic translation.
- Past labour contract
- Six-month salary statement + detailed salary bank statement
- Duly filled Application form
Procedure to apply for profession change
- Go to the MADLSA site.
- Click on “E-Services and E-Forms” from the “Services” menu and then select the “Recruitment” Department.
- Select “Profession Amendment Request”, and click on “Apply” in the service page.
- Enter the information (Establishment Number, QID, and mobile number, which is registered with the same QID).
- Tick the reCaptcha checkbox, and then click on “Submit”. The information included on this screen is verified.
- When the information is checked, you will get a message on the given mobile number, the message contains a confirmation code. Enter the check code that was sent to your mobile number.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Attach copies of the documents mentioned above in the ‘Documents required for profession change’ section.
- Tick the checkbox “I, the applicant, certify that all the above information is collected, and I bear responsibility if that is proven.”
- Submit your request.
- Download and fill the application form.
- Attach the documents mentioned in the Documents required for profession change’ section and submit.
What happens when all the information for profession change is submitted
Message to request the phone number and the mentioned information is sent to the same mobile number in which the service was entered. You will also get a similar message.
When the application is successfully submitted, it gets treated at the MADLSA following the procedures in place, and all the information given and documents attached are viewed and the necessary action is made.
If the application is approved, rejected or any further activity is required on the request, you will be notified by message about the status of the request.
If the application is approved, your current employer will be also notified. You should complete and follow up the request at (the Ministry of Interior, the General Directorate of Nationality, Ports and Expatriate Affairs) and have the new QID with profession change printed out.
If further activity is required, you will get a message mentioning you to modify the request or send documents that were not attached to the application.
Checking status of profession change application
If you need to check the status of your application, then click here:
There are no fees to apply for this service.
Extra information for the profession change service
The following conditions and controls must be met for all users of the service:
- The employer should not have limitations that prevent profession change procedures.
- The person in charge for the company bears the full responsibility for the validity of the information recorded through the mandatory affirmation in the digital service.
- The service is available for the private sector and joint-stock companies.
- Satisfaction of the necessary attachments indicated in the modification request will be in terms of the employee’s QID number.
- Application with the necessary attachments must be sent to MADLSA for conformity, review and approval.
- The user of the service is one of the authorised signatories at the establishment (establishment official/representative/approved to sign)
- Submission of applications and approvals are subject to all conditions announced by MADLSA.