The General Tax Authority (GTA) has declared to launch the first period of the new online tax administration system called, ‘Dhareeba’. The new Tax entry provides the General Tax Authority with digital channels to serve all its partners; the Government, tax agents, and the citizens. It has been designed to manage, calculate and review different types of taxes to help citizens identify the procedures related to their transactions and get notifications on the progress of their tasks.
All companies are necessary to register on the new entrance starting from first July 2020 and complete the registration process in the period of ninety (90) days. Citizens who register on the entrance before 30 September 2020 will be exempted from the current penalties identified with past registration and issuance of tax card.
What is Dhareeba?
Dhareeba is the across the board electronic system for filing taxes and returns. It associates the General Tax Authority and its partners with the relevant government agencies and citizens. It generally calculates and measures the different kinds of tax to help citizens in dealing with their tax transactions, as per the Qatari tax laws.
Who is Dhareeba for
For any income-generating financial activity in Qatar, regardless of whether it is exempted 100% from tax. Unique elements who are qualified for discount also should be registered in the Dhareeba electronic tax portal
Documents required for tax card registration
- Valid Copy of Commercial Registration
- Valid Copy of Trade License
- Copy of Articles of Association
- Email address and Contact details of the Tax Representative.
Sign in to https://dhareeba.gov.qa/, and follow the procedure given below depending upon whether you are a current citizen or registering as new one:
Coming up next are the highlights of the Dhareeba online tax portal:
1. Online Management
Validate and file tax returns and make payments online, 24 x 7 through the online portal.
2. Improved Integrated Services
Get quick feedback which helps with eliminating errors before a return is filed, reducing the requirement for follow-up communications.
3. Administrative ease
Simplify account support by letting agents manage with their own citizen account information and communicate over numerous channels.
Important features of Dhareeba
- Because of the usage of Dhareeba registration, the General Tax Authority will no longer accept any tax registration requests submitted via the past Tax Administration System, with effect from 30 June 2020.
- All citizens, including those registered in the past Tax Administration System, should re-register in Dhareeba.
- All the current citizens registered in the past Tax Administration System should adjust their status and re-register in Dhareeba within 90 days (for example prior to 30 September 2020), as shown under Article 69 of the Executive Regulations to the Law No. 24 of 2018.
- Citizens who will register in Dhareeba prior to 30 September 2020, will be exempt from penalties for failure to register/applying for a tax card.
- Government Call Center: 16565
- Calling from outside Qatar: +974 4406 9941
- Email: email@example.com