The most anticipated period of the year is back! At last, the cool, fresh air of winter has already started to fall over the nation. That implies it’s an ideal opportunity to break out the comfortable garments and head outside to savor the chilly sweater climate.
Here are the best five open air activities that singles, couples, families, and friends can enjoy this winter season in Qatar!
1. Enjoy the joyful parks around Qatar (free)
With the developing number of parks scattered across Qatar, there is no reason not to enjoy nature this winter. They make certain to be at least a few parks in your region. In case you’re feeling particularly ambitious, we challenge you to visit them all!
These wonderful green spaces offer a variety of activities everyone will love. From playgrounds and pedal boats to food celebrations and grill stations, there’s something for everybody!
There are different games facilities also like running tracks, basketball courts, tennis courts, and much more.
Al Bidda Park is ideal for pet owners and the people who plan to grill, while Dahl Al Hamam Park is popular with skateboarders and for its free WiFi. Aspire Park is popular for its man-made lake where children and adults can enjoy water activities like pedal drifting, walking ball, kayaking, paddle boarding, and water yoga.
Best Parks in Doha:
- MIA Park – Location – Open 24 hours
- Al Bidda Park – Location – Open 24 hours
- Hotel Park – Location – Open 24 hours
- Oxygen Park – Location – Open from 6 AM to 9 PM
- Aspire Park – Location – Open 24 hours
- Dahl Al Hamam Park – Location – Open from 8 AM – 1:30 AM
Parks outside of Doha:
- Al Wakrah – Location – Open from 9 AM to 11 PM
- Al Khor Park – Location – at present shut for fixes [requires entrance fee]
- Barzan Olympic Park – Location – Open from 6 AM – 10 PM
- Al Legtaifiya – Location
Find out more details about the Parks in Doha Qatar
2. Relish the cool wind at the beaches in Qatar (free)
Beach going is normally thought of just like a summer activity, however here in Qatar, winter is a great time to set out toward the shore. It’s the best place to spend quality time with the family. The children will love moving around in the sand. A few beaches on our list even have playgrounds! Packup for a picnic and enjoy the day. But, remember to bring home your junk or discard it properly!
For the more active beach goers among us, Qatar offers a variety of water activities including swimming, kite surfing, kite boarding, fishing, jet-skiing, kayaking, scuba jumping, and much more.
Click here for more information on the best beaches to visit in Qatar.
- Al Ghariya Beach
- Fuwairit Beach
- Thakira Beach
- Alfirkiya Beach
- Simaisma Beach
- Al Wakrah Family Beach
- Sealine Beach
- Al Kharaij Beach
- Dukhan Beach
- Katara Beach – Now Katara Beach has entry fees – Click here More
- Maroona Beach
- Umm Bab Beach
3. Bring out your sporty side and try wall or rock climbing
If you haven’t tried wall climbing or rock climbing, at that point this season is a decent and ideal opportunity for you to try these activities. Who knows, you may come to loveit! This game isn’t only an exercise yet it also helps increase flexibility, quality, and brain function.
For wall climbing, head to Esqalar Sports Climbing Wall near Aspire Academy. Trial meetings are available so bring your children or friends for a fun bonding activity.
For the all the more daring and experienced climbers, Zekreet is the place to go. It isn’t advisable however to go alone particularly in the desert. Join Doha Climbers on Facebook to meet like-minded people and to get data on upcoming trips.
Wall Climbing Details
- Location: Aspire Zone, Qatar
- Cost: Trial meeting 2 trips for QAR 30 (gear included); Per hour – QAR 75/child and QAR 150/adult
- Opening times: 4 PM – 11 PM
- Contact: 3388 2179 (call or Whatsapp)
- Website: http://esqalar.qa/
4. Ride your way through winter on two wheels
Cycling is quickly becoming one of Qatar’s most famous open air activities, with a developing mountain bicycle scene as well. For families and beginners, there are many parks to enjoy a leisurely ride. For experienced cyclists and bikers, all the more testing and adrenaline-inducing terrain awaits in the desert. There’s no lack of rugged mountain biking trails in Qatar. Cyclists can also practice at Losail Circuit Sports Club each Wednesday from 5 PM to 8:30 PM. Bicycle rentals cost QAR 50 for 75 minutes.
Do you love to skate? Snatch those quad skates, rollerblades, skateboards, and head outside. You can also skate at Dahl Al Hamam Park, Al Bidda Park, Hotel Park.
Remember to bring your safety gear like helmets, knee pad, elbow pad, and wrist watch!
Roller Skating Classes in Qatar:
- Cost: Rates start at QAR 250
- Contact number: 30171264 | 70945166
- Area: Rabiya 1 Building 134, Al Jazira Al Arabiya Street, Madinat Khalifa, Doha Qatar
- Website: www.rollerskatingqatar.com
5. Go on a desert camping experience
Winter is indeed the perfect time to stay camping in the desert. You can go the do-it-yourself route if you have the necessary vehicle and equipment, or you can choose from a variety of tour operators to help with day, night, or overnight camping choices. We suggest enjoying a beautiful desert sunset followed by tasty grill dinner at night time, before at last resigning to a Bedouin-style tent.
Remember these important security tips to remember for the winter camping.
If camping is not your cup of tea, there are many other desert activities that you can enjoy in this cooler climate like ATV or Quad bicycle rides, sandboarding, desert safari, dune bashing, and a trip to the Inland Sea.
Desert Tour Operator details:
- Cost: Rates start at QAR 170
- Telephone: 3339 3323
- Website: https://365adventures.me/
- Office area: Peninsula Compass Tourism WLL, Office Number 23, second Floor Al Ajlan 2 Building, New Al Wakrah Commercial Street, Qatar
Qatar International Adventures
- Cost: Rates start at QAR 189
- Telephone: 4455 3954/5552 7225
- Website: https://qia-qatar.com/
- Office area: Al-Rawabi Street, Al Muntazah, Doha – Qatar